|4e880fcb71||11 months ago|
|projects||1 year ago|
|textures||1 year ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|assertions.lua||7 years ago|
|chatcommands.lua||4 years ago|
|description.txt||1 year ago|
|init.lua||11 months ago|
|mod.conf||1 year ago|
|readme.md||1 year ago|
|update local.bat||6 years ago|
Minetest mod metatools
Get everything possible* about a node just by clicking it with metatools:stick!
Differences in Poikilos' fork:
This is a hard fork oriented around getting information without typing any commands.
- All known* metadata is shown on click! There is no need for various commands to traverse the tree, though the original chat command code is intact.
- Click a node and get its inventory.
- Click an entity and list the entire LuaEntitySOA tree!
- See the "Minetest API Notes" section below.
- The texture is redone so that doesn't any longer have an invasive and inappropriate CC-BY-NC-SA license from the upstream version of metatools.
* All metadata where how to obtain it is known by the maintainer of this repo (except where there is an open issue).
- 2015-2016 LeMagnesium/Mg/ElectronLibre and Paly2/Palige (mod inspired by mgl512's itemframe issue)
- 2017-2022 Poikilos (Poikilos' fork of Version 1.2.2)
- 2022 Poikilos (redone "metatools_stick.png" replaces one with invasive and inappropriate CC-BY-NC-SA license [old texture was by Ataron])
This mod's aim is to provide a way for admins to navigate through any (ok, not ignores) nodes on the map, and see values of its metadatas at any of their stratum.
- Copy the repo folder containing init.lua to your Minetest mods folder (The resulting folder should be mods/metatools/).
- Enable the mod for the world.
- You can remove the "projects" folder to lighten the "game" if necessary (Keeping the png is useful but only for documentation--Nothing in "projects" is used by the mod code).
- mgl512 (Le_Docteur) for its locked itemframe which gave me the idea of a tool allowing to see/edit metadatas
- Ataron who created the stick's texture
- palige who agreed to test the mod for its first release, and contributed to the last version
- After following the "Install" steps above, open the world in Minetest.
The chat commands from https://github.com/Lymkwi/minetest-mod-metatools are still present but usually not necessary:
/meta helpto see instructions on chat commands.
Minetest API Notes
The magic sauce to get the entire LuaEntitySOA of a pointed_thing was finally discovered by accident (when researching unrelated API feature(s)) after no one would/could answer my question:
local pointedObjRef = pointed_thing.ref; -- . . . some other code is here, then ... local luaEntity = pointedObjRef:get_luaentity();
Node | +-fields | | | +-foo | +-bar | +-... +-inventory | +-main | | | +-1 | +-2 | +-3 | +-... +-craft | | | +-1 | +-2 | +-3 | +-... +-...