|6c150faaaf||2 months ago|
|abms||3 months ago|
|ca_effects||3 years ago|
|ca_weathers||2 months ago|
|locale||2 months ago|
|sounds||3 months ago|
|textures||3 months ago|
|.gitignore||3 months ago|
|LICENSE.md||3 years ago|
|README.md||3 months ago|
|init.lua||3 months ago|
|mod.conf||3 months ago|
|screenshot.2.png||3 years ago|
|screenshot.3.png||3 years ago|
|screenshot.4.png||3 years ago|
|screenshot.png||3 years ago|
|screenshot.webp||3 years ago|
|settingtypes.txt||3 months ago|
A weather pack for Climate API by Till Affeldt (TestificateMods)
Not every biome is the same and neither should their weather be. Regional Weather controls its effects with the local climate in mind. Experience the humid air of the rain forest and harsh desert sandstorms.
Regional Weather depends on Climate API in order to function. Generally speaking, most mods should be compatible to it.
If you notice odd movement speeds or jump heights of players, you should check for mods that also modify player physics. Use a compatibility mod like player_monoids or playerphysics to get rid of this problem. This requires the conflicting mod to also support the chosen compatibility layer.
Mods that modify the sky (including skybox, moon, sun, stars and clouds) are sadly not fully compatible because they conflict with Climate API's sky system. You should deactivate the sky features in either mod. You can do this in Climate API's settings using the
Override the skybox option. If you're a mod maker then you can also optionally depend on climate_api and use
climate_api.skybox.add_layer(playername, layer_name, options) to register your skybox change in a compatible way. Note that you need at least Minetest v5.2.0 for skybox changes to have any effect.
Conflicting skybox changes include the
weather mod included in vanilla Minetest Game. You will want to disable that mod in order to use the more advanced cloud system introduced by Climate API. Head to
Settings → All Settings → Games → Minetest Game and set
Enable weather to
Disabled. This setting will only exist if you are using Minetest Game v5.2.0 or higher.
If you experience performance issues, the Performance section of Climate API's configuration section is a great place to start looking for a solution.
The following mods are recommended to be installed alongside Regional Weather:
- Climate API (required): The necessary weather engine that this mod is built upon
- Moon Phases: Complements weather effects with dynamic sky changes and a full moon cycle
- Sailing Kit (Fork): Uses Climate API's new wind system to sail across the sea.
- Lightning: Adds to heavy rain by enabling additional lightning effects
- Farming (as part of MTG) or Farming Redo: Add farmland and crops to grow food. Farmland wil turn wet during rain effects.
- Fire (as part of MTG): Adds fires that can be caused by lightning strikes and other effects and will be extinguished during rain effects.
- Pedology Adds a lot of nodes with dynamic wetness and dryness states.
- Ambience: Plays some nice ambient sound effects based on where you are.
For easier installation, you can get a lot of these mods as part of my Climate Modpack.
You can find all mod configuration options in your Minetest launcher.
Settings → All Settings → Mods → regional_weather to change them.
Also check out the options inside the
climate_api section for additional configuration options, including performance tweaks and feature switches.
Place snow layers(default true): If set to true, snow layers will stack up during snowy weather.
Freeze river water(default true): If set to true, river water sources will freeze at low temperatures and melt when it gets warmer again. This process does not affect regular ice blocks because it adds its own temporary ones.
Place rain puddles(default true): If set to true, water puddles will form during rain or when snow layers have melted.
Hydrate farmland(default true): If set to true, rain will cause dry farmland to turn wet. Requires farming or farming_redo mod.
Extinguish fire(bool true): If set to true, fires will be extinguished during rain showers. Requires fire mod.
Wetten pedology nodes(default true): If set to true, rain will wetten or dry nodes from pedology mod. Requires pedology mod.
Maximum height of weather effects(default 120): No visual effects will be applied above this height. This value defaults to normal cloud height (120 nodes above sea level).
Minimum height of weather effects(default -50): No visual effects will be applied below this height. This will prevent unwanted visuals within large underground caves.
Cloud height(default 120) Average height of cloud bases
Cloud height variation(default 40) Maxmial variation of cloud height from base value
Unless otherwise stated, this source code is written entirely by myself. You are free to use it under a GNU Lesser General Public License version 3. You can find respective rights and conditions in the attached LICENSE file. The entire source code is available on Github.
- Hail textures: CC BY-SA (3.0) made by me
- Snow flake textures: CC BY-SA (3.0) by paramat, found in snowdrift mod at https://github.com/paramat/snowdrift
- Snow composite texture: CC BY-SA (3.0) by Cap, created from aforementioned snow flakes by paramat (please credit original artist as well)
- Rain textures: CC BY-SA (3.0) by Cap (an original design for this mod)
- Puddle textures: CC BY-SA (3.0) by Cap
- Snow layers and ice block using textures from default (not included)
- Heavy Rain sounds: CC0 by Q.K., taken from mymonths at https://github.com/minetest-mods/mymonths/tree/master/sounds
- Light Rain sounds: CC BY 3.0 by Arctura from https://freesound.org/people/Arctura/sounds/34065/
- Wind sound: CC BY (3.0) by InspectorJ from https://freesound.org/people/InspectorJ/sounds/376415/
- Hail sound: CC0 by ikayuka from https://freesound.org/people/ikayuka/sounds/240742/
- Frost HUD: CC BY-SA (3.0) by Cap
- Original texture for sand storm HUD: CC0 from https://freestocktextures.com/texture/dirty-baking-paper,1202.html, edits by me under CC0 as well
Assets in screenshots
- Screenshots and editing: CC BY-SA (3.0) by me
- Logos and artwork: CC BY-SA (3.0) by Cap
- Lato Font (for the Logo): OFL by Łukasz Dziedzic from http://www.latofonts.com/lato-free-fonts/
- Source Sans Pro (for the subtitles): OFL, see https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Source+Sans+Pro
- Used texture pack: Polygonia (128px edition) CC BY-SA (4.0) by Lokrates. See https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19043